Mostly throughout the 1900's this building was used for various restaurants and meat houses. The building became the Paramount Institute of Esthetics, a department of the Paramount Beauty Academy.
From 1924 to about 1930, the building was Dunham's Meats. After a few years of vacancy, the building became Kirby's Floral Company around the year 1939. It remains this today.
Studio 32 Downtown Beauty Salon is located at 928 Gallia Street.
2015 to present -Studio 32
2011-2014- no listing
2010 -Edge Beauty
2008-2009- no listing
2006-2007 David Hassel
1998-2005- no listing
1993-1997- Majestic Paints
1935- 1992- Portsmouth Paint Co.
March 1926- 1934- Gilgen Hardware
Jan- March 1926- temporary location for Bragdon’s Dry Goods
1925- temporary location for Portsmouth Public Service Company
1923-1924- no listing
1921-1922 –vacant
1920- Mrs L. Porter
1916-1919
1915- residence of Louise Heil. After her death in 1915, an article appears in the newspaper in March 1916, that her son will build a new brick building on his mother’s homestead.
The Auditor’s office lists the year built as 1920.
Scanned unnumbered page from Henry A. Lorberg scrapbook containing black & white images of 9th & Offnere, 1913 Flood; W. J. Emmett; R. S. Prichard Auto Garage; Joshua Wheeler; Father Walker; New York Dye House
Scanned page 8 from Henry A. Lorberg scrapbook containing typed text regarding copies of "Souvenir of Portsmouth, Ohio", one of which was sent to Gen'l U. S. Grant whose father operated a Tannery on the West Side. A clipping of an article from The Blade about Portsmouth writer, W. J. Lampton.