Masonic Temple Building Architecture Detail. According to the Scioto County Auditors Office, the nine floor building was built in 1927. The building, purchased by the Masonic Temple Company in 1987, houses the U S Bank and various other offices.
From 1918 to 1930, these buildings made up the Portsmouth Dry Goods Company and the Fischer & Streich Pharmacy. Throughout the next several decades, the buildings would become various commercial stores. Today, the buildings are home to a restaurant and a photography studio.
According to the Scioto County Auditor, this building was built in 1910. It was remodeled in 1977. From 1918 to 1927, the building was used for residences. From 1960 to 2002, it was Ehrman & Company Household Appliances. From 2003 to 2010, it was Emporium Art Portsmouth Antiques. From 2012 to today, it is being used for residences once again.
Built in 1925, Third Street view. From the Portsmouth Daily Times, April 30, 1925: "Announcement was made by Reilly Brothers, of 608 Third Street, formerly of the Tri-State Freight Line, that a contract had been awarded to Dennis Brickey for the erection of a modern, fireproof, storage garage building that they will build on Second and Third streets, east of Court Street, the structure to be one of the largest in that section of the city.